October 28, 2008
Dear Olivia,What an unexpected delight and incredible coincidence to find images of Christian in my email today. Your Mom sent them!

I created this website just this morning—well, last night actually (12:04 AM)—and have been thinking about you and Christian ever since. I need a model for a children's book and he'd be perfect!
Let me catch you up. I started a writer's group last April. One of the other writers was thinking about doing a children's book, but was getting nowhere. I quickly translated some of her prose into poetry and suggested adding line drawings and giving it a Shel Silverstein look.

She was unimpressed, primarily because that's not where her talents lie. "Why don't you write it?" she said. Hold that thought for a moment.
I created this blog as part of a book on blogging the death of a loved one. One of the recommendations for parents is creation of a blog for every child in the family. If you start at birth, you'll eventually turn their life story into an illustrated biography!

That's where Christian comes in. He'd be the perfect model...not only for my current book, but for a Shel-Silverstein-style treatment as well. In other words, if you could stock this blog with his best images over the next few years, I could convert some of them into drawings and eventually create a children's book for adults just like those of Shel Silverstein!
Are you interested?
Love,
Jim
Jim
No comments:
Post a Comment